November 22, 2010

97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know

Originally published 2 Mar 2009

I recently received my copy of 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know.  I'm honored to be included among some great minds in the software development field.  Richard Monson-Haefel, Neal Ford, Udi Dahan, Kevlin Henney, and Gregor Hohpe are just a few of the thought leaders who made contributions.

My contribution was about starting with a Walking Skeleton and building it out.  I was lucky enough to learn this early in my career while working alongside a gentleman named Bernie Thuman.  Bernie applied this technique as he led a team developing a 3-tiered distributed enterprise application.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this project.  The book is filled with pearls of wisdom and is a must read for any software architect or really any professional looking to develop better software.

No comments:

Post a Comment